So, I realized in the past few weeks exactly how hard it is sticking to a diet when you’re on holiday. The temptations seem endless.
But… I’m not here to make you give up dieting so I’m giving you tips on how to save those cravings and temptations from getting the best of you 🌞
1. Get something to snack on in between meals like sweet potato crisps (preferably not drenched in oil)… Some oven baked goodness with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt will do the trick. A handful of almonds or peanuts and even some rice crackers with peanut butter or any other nut butter is also great.
2. Believe it or not. Drinking water actually made me realize how little water I have been drinking and also helped me have less food cravings. You should work out how many glasses or litres of water you should drink per day by multiplying your body weight by 0,033 litre.
3. This one is valuable for those who enjoy drinking a lovely sundowner. You can have a glass of red wine or even a single whiskey with coke zero. Try not overdoing it.. But if you do it’s okay too.
4. Order healthy alternatives at restaurants like a chicken salad, chicken breasts with roasted vegetables or a piece of meat with veg etc. There are so many healthy options, so no excuses in that department ladies. Yes the fatty pork dish seems really good, but you won’t feel too good afterwards, so why so it?
5. For the sweet tooth people amongst us. A lovely snack would be yoghurt (fat-free). Then furthermore I make what is called a mud pie* It will be featured on my instagram page with a lovely photo* It’s great for a snack before you go to bed and it’s yummy. Then you can also have a latté as a snack, but make sure the sugar you add is minimal.
6. When you feel like you can’t take it anymore and you want to binge on food. Stop yourself, take a deep breath and remind yourself what your end goal is. Will eating all this food make you feel better or worse about yourself?
7. With all these tips comes a great amount of responsibility and self control. Therefore knowing what your body reacts well to and what you like can be a great help when choosing what you eat.
I really hope that all these tips can make your days better and more healthful and that this will allow you to enjoy a fullfilling life.
Xoxo Dan the Wooman