I’ve come to a point in my life where I’m starting to realise that there are seasons for everything. You will have to wait for stuff to happen at some point.
What matters most is what you’re doing while you wait. Are you feeling sorry for yourself that things might not be going your way? Are you planning an exit strategy, that you know for sure is just a way to avoid waiting. Well, I got some news for you, whether you like it or not, if you don’t wait now, and embrace the process your uneasiness will catch up with you. There is a plan, a reason for you waiting right now. We might not understand it, but there’s a reason.
My faith has allowed me to grow tremendously in this last year. I had to be patient, not only with the process, but I had to be patient with myself. I’m a hard-worker, and it’s as if life cane to a halt for me. Nothing was happening, I wasn’t meeting quality people. Then I realized God was preparing me for something, that still to this day I’m not sure what it is.
What are some great strategies to follow when you have to wait:
1. Do the things you enjoy doing, love your life, go out and learn to be with yourself, without the distractions and without avoiding yourself too. I have met so many people that are so stuck in a world with others, that they forget about making real time and effort for personal growth. Meditate, spend time writing down your thoughts and feelings, revise your life goals and go outside. Be one with nature. If there is any, I’m in the Middle-East so sometimes I feel a little stuck with the Desert vibes.
2. Go out too, please don’t isolate yourself, I did that, and it killed me. I love my cat, but gosh darnit, I needed some people too. Talk to your friends and family. Make time for the ones that matter to you.
3. Start a new hobby. Paint, read, play an instrument. Anything you might be interested in.
4. Join a fun gym class, something you haven’t done before e.g. Zumba, Yoga, Pilates.
5. Try out new recipes, instead of making chicken and vegetables every night, mix it up. Bake something new too.
Find the things that make you tick and do them. No need to stagnate your time and your life while you’re waiting for one thing to fall into place. It’s not necessary! Live your life for today. Cause you might not see tomorrow.
I hope you feel better after reading this, it I touched at least one person with this post I will be so happy.